About Me

My Photo
I am a typical teenager with a particular interest in the Civil war, especially the Battle of Antietam. I am a huge fanatic of music and art. The way I see it, music and art is what creates individuality and color in every human being. I am one to be fairly outgoing but I do have my shy sides. My biggest goal in life is to succeed and actually get outside and explore what God has created for mankind to explore and live off of. I'm very reasonable and am really ambitious. I like meeting new people, and always look forward to making new friends. I am definitely a people person and I love expressing myself whether it be through music, fashion, or even writing. Maybe you will experience a new side of me?

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My first entry.

Well, I guess I should welcome myself to blogspot. I am still contemplating a name for this newly made blog.
Everyday is a new adventure for me, and as each day passes, I always seem to learn something new. Learning is a huge passion of mine, which must be why I have such a wide variety of interests. This past year, I've learned so many new things. I've managed to learn how to drive my dad's SI which is incorporated with a standard transmission, which not a lot of people know how to drive. I've learned new things in school, and I always learn something new when I visit one of my most favorite places, Antietam Battlefield. Today, a good friend of mine taught me how to assemble and put together a Civil War musket, as well as to clean it. It's a really interesting process, and I've taken quite a good interpretation of it.
Volunteering teaches me something new each time I visit the park. It's quite an amazing experience and I am very fortunate to be apart of the growing Antietam family. With all that I have learned, and am continuously learning, I hope to pursue a never ending hobby of history. It's quite a gander what you learn when you visit a National Park, especially Antietam; you would never expect what had actually happened almost 149 years ago. One of the most beautiful, scenic, and rural landscapes in America had actually witnessed one of the most bloodiest battles in American military history. As I've stated before, I am thankful for what I have learned thus far, and I am so excited to see what else is in store for me to learn about in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogsphere Rachel. Have fun with your blog. Off to a great start!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete