About Me

My Photo
I am a typical teenager with a particular interest in the Civil war, especially the Battle of Antietam. I am a huge fanatic of music and art. The way I see it, music and art is what creates individuality and color in every human being. I am one to be fairly outgoing but I do have my shy sides. My biggest goal in life is to succeed and actually get outside and explore what God has created for mankind to explore and live off of. I'm very reasonable and am really ambitious. I like meeting new people, and always look forward to making new friends. I am definitely a people person and I love expressing myself whether it be through music, fashion, or even writing. Maybe you will experience a new side of me?

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Volunteering at the Pry House

   I have engaged in an amazing opportunity; I am going to be turning to the dark side. By the dark side, I mean volunteering at the Pry House Field Hospital Museum! I am very excited for this wonderful opportunity since I have a pretty big interest in medicine whether it be historical, modern, or even future remedies. I am currently in the process of studying for this wonderful experience. Seeing how I am still a student, I have learned so much, but I already do feel encouraged and determined to teach others about the incredible medical remedies they had at the time of the Civil War. I have already turned in my volunteer application and have received two very informational books regarding the Civil War Museum of Medicine located in Frederick, as well as a book targeted on the challenges and triumphs of Civil War Medicine. I think I will be spending a lot of my time, despite school, reading and taking notes on what I learn. I am proud that I've officially put my foot down and have taken a stand for what I am naturally good at, it's brought me plenty of opportunities and I am very thankful for that. I also wanted to take the time to thank Audrey Scanlan-Teller, as well as Kyle Wichtendahl for all that they've done to help me get where I am officially starting to begin.
   This is going to be good.

1 comment: